LISTEN TO THE EPISODE:
In this episode, you will learn 10 FACTS about Joo and what she thinks about perfect body image, positive changes and challenges of 45+ women, what is it for her to feel good and look beautiful, and what advice she would give younger women and 30-year-old self!
You can READ the interview transcript HERE
10 Facts About Joo
(at the time of the project)
1. Joo is turning 50 this Xmas.
2. She’s a single mother and a full-time worker.
3. Joo is from southern Thailand and studied master’s degree of technology management from UNSW in 1997. She used to work for a hotel and a Law Firm in Thailand before moving back to Sydney with her daughter.
4. She is a cat lover.
5. Joo loves music, and always wanted to be a singer, but never took a singing class.
6. Joo always enjoys Gin and Tonic, especially Hendricks, it never gets her a hang-over
7. She’s currently dating a romantic kiwi gentleman, who is kind, humble and transparent. Joo is feeling good about his qualities and she knows he feels the same.
8. Joo’s dream vacation is going to Spain and New Zealand, but in reality she is going somewhere else this month. After all it’s not about the destination it’s about the company.
9. Joo is happy with herself, her daughter, her partner, her best friend and her family. She does believe if we surround ourselves with heathy relationship, our life is healthy - physically, mentally and emotionally too.
10. Joo is proud to be 50. She’s trying to be more humble and of course “wisdom” will come along with this, it’s the age of the sage.
Watch Joo’s VIDEO interview HERE
Hi, you're listening to My Body My Story podcast.
Just enjoy, enjoy your moment. We don't know if we're gonna live until 60 or not.
This is the 45 or 45 chapter where we celebrate rule breakers and role models, the women who inspire us to live life our way and to show that sensuality, beauty, soul and true essence. Here we talk about what it's like to be 45 Plus, adjusting to the changes that come with time, and will listen to the stories of our participants. If you have an interesting story to share, we would love you to participate, you can email us on email@example.com or visit our website, www. aleksandrawalker.com
Hi, everyone, and welcome to my podium My Story project, and today with us in the studio do and while she's sitting in the makeup chair and Citra is doing makeup for her. I'll be asking her a few questions. Hi, Joo, welcome.
Tell us a bit about yourself. Yeah,
I'm turning 50 this Christmas. And I'm a full-time worker and I'm single mom. My daughter she's 16 years old this year. 1616 Yeah. I'm a cat lover. I'm a loyal care person. I can't stand fake and lie people. That's why I have a lot of hate her and I'm pretty sure. Yeah, I just can't stand it. I do respect to the person who gave me respect. Yep. My dream vacation is going to Spain and New Zealand. But um, in the end of this year, my partner takes me to somewhere else. Yeah.
You’ve already been away? Or are you still going?
We will go
Do you know where?
I know. He will take me to Switzerland. I never dream of Europe before because it's not about detonation, you know? It's about companion. Yeah. And I'm single for quite a long, long time. And there's something to it. Yeah. Very excited. Yeah. Okay. And I love music. I always enjoy to listen to music. And yeah, my passion is to be a singer, but I never had a chance or opportunity to take class to become you know, like, how to learn to be a singer or something. I love coffee and pastry and bakery stuff. But um, I try to backe but I feel like I lost appetite. Yes. Food as well. So I always enjoy the food that the people could cook for you. Yeah,
you mean you cook or you bake? What do you bake usually?
I used to bake muffins. And easy cake. My sister she a fan of you know, she tried to teach me but I'm not in with that. Yeah, yeah. I just, I that's not my passion. And I'm currently dating very romantic kiwi men. He is kind, humble and kind of a transparency person. And I feel like I'm very lucky. And um, I feel very good about him and hope he feels the same. Yeah, yeah. Yeah, that's all about me
So what are you most passionate about?
passionate about? Is some music and travelling. Yes. Yes. And it is not a job interview. So I can say that um, I still drink sometime and joy to go out and sometimes I go by myself at the cafe having a coffee and you know, look at the people
What kind of music do you like?
Any any. Yeah, but my partner he's some musician too. But he's doing Jam jazz. Yeah, I kind of love so and that and pop and anything
Do you play any music instrument?
I don’t. Yeah, that's me. Yeah.
You just enjoy the sound of it.
Yeah, my brother who's a musician too, but he's not doing for the living, he's lawyer. But he can play the guitar.
Everyone knows that with age we change. But what positive changes? Have you experienced so far? Turning 50 this year?
I feel more humble and calm. But you know that that is come with something like menopause. Yeah, yeah. So I am lucky at one. I am early menopause so many years ago. Yeah. So I had to live with it and have to control the emotions. And yeah, because our hormones swing. So yeah, I had a problem with emotional change. Very quick, up and down. Some people say that they cannot sleep at night or got like hot flush. You know, hot flush. But no, no, I don't have that. Yeah, only the emotional. Yeah, yes.
I'm with you.
Yeah, because I went to see the doctor. And she like she told me that you are too young. But um, I can send you to the specialists. They do blood tests and everything. So yeah,
but I know that some women start experiencing first symptoms in their early 40s. Even