CREATING YOUR VISUAL LIBRARY
Headshots or Personal Branding Shots?
Personal Branding is the Story people tell about you when you are not in the room – Aaron Orendorff
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN
PERSONAL BRANDING & HEADSHOT?
Headshot is a visual handshake.
It is your head and shoulders business photo that shows you looking your best, but doesn’t show or reveal anything specific about you.
It allows people to connect with you quickly and put a face to the name. So a headshot isn’t the place for story-telling and lots of detail. It’s a fast visual introduction.
Personal Branding is a conversation.
Personal branding photography and video show your personality and combines your brand message with telling a story about who you are and what you do.
Whether you are a small business owner, an entrepreneur, full-time employee or an industry specialist, how you portray yourself is an essential part of your success.
Creating the right personal brand could be the difference between
“Who are you?” and “Thank you for being here"
WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU -
HEADSHOT OR PERSONAL BRANDING?
It is important you answer those questions:
- Who are you?
- What do you want to be known for?
- How do you want to be seen?
- What energy do you want to portray?
- What is your brand? Is it fun and colourful? Is it stylish and classic?
- Whom do you want to connect with?
- How do you want to be photographed or filmed? What style of lighting - how dramatic, how light, how colourful, how breathy?
- What are you going to use the photos and videos for? LinkedIn and business profile, website and social media, personal blog, magazine articles and newspaper publications, corporate brochures and catalogues, etc.?
We have a simple framework to help you answer these questions, and to create a personalised list of specific images that represent you, your business, your style, and your story.
It will not be another set of photos and videos you spent time and money on and you’ll never use.
Our aim is to help you to create your media library, a valuable asset you are investing in, which will bring you more like-minded customers and financial growth.